Millbrae is a city of approximately 20,800 located 16 miles south of San Francisco. It is a diverse community, crossing all socio-economic and ethnic lines.
Mills high School is one of seven schools in the San Mateo Union High School District. The San Mateo Union High School District has an open enrollment policy and as such, Mills High Schools Draws its student population from the entire district.
Current enrollment in Grades 9-12 is approximately 1300. The academic calendar is two semesters of 18 weeks. Classes meet two days per week on a modified block schedule. Three days a week, classes are 51 minutes in duration; and on a block day, the classes are 92 minutes in duration.
- During the 2011-2012 school year, Mills received an Academic Performance Index (API) of 870.
- In 2012, Mills High School was granted a six-year accreditation through the Western Association of Secondary Schools and Colleges organization.
- In 1988, 1996, and 2009, Mills High School was designated a California Distinguished School for its innovative programs and academic excellence.
- Each course has a value of five credits. A total of 220 credits are required for graduation
- Weighted GPA is based on University of California approved A-G high school courses only. College courses are NOT weighted.
- Grade point average is computed in September, February, and June. All courses taken in each grade, including PE, will be used.
|Class of 2013-2015||Class of 2016|
|Fine Performing Arts||10||10|
|Career Tech Education||10|
|Total||220 credits||220 credits|
Honors (H)/Advanced Standing (AS) Courses
English 1-4 AS
English 5-6 H
Modern World History AS
Advanced Placement Courses
Calculus AB AP
Calculus BC AP
Chinese Language and Culture AP
English Literature and Composition AP
Government and Politics AP
Japanese Language AP
Physics B AP
Spanish Language and Composition AP
Studio Art AP
United States History AP